Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Working out.


Once again, it seems as if I abandoned my blog. I always get in these moods where I want to blog about everything (like right now.) I have a couple posts, and then 7 months later I remember I still have this silly old thing. What spurred this current "blogging phase"? Well, it probably has something to do with my recent obsession with http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/ It's absolutely wonderful. Check it out.

Anyway, so for the last few months, I've been planning on working out a whole lot more. Yeah, I know. Sounds ridiculous, but I never had the initiative to actually go to the gym. It was always something like, "I'm too tired tonight." Or "I'm too busy." Or "I need to get a jump start on this reading" (which never actually happened.) And sometimes, when I had no other excuse, I was like....


Well, today my lovely friend Jackie and I went to get smoothies at lunch today. She got one for her boyfriend Ryan, and we brought it back to campus for him. We went to take it to his work, and he works at the gym on campus. We walked inside, and honestly I wanted to run away from that place. It scares me.

Do you remember in the movie Elizabethtown when Orlando Bloom's character is about to commit suicide at the beginning, and he rigs the exercise bike to stab whoever sits on it? Well, that's what I think when I get on one of those things. I'm afraid that it's going to stab me.

Well, anyway, I had a couple hours of free time, and I really just wanted to take a nap, but I thought, "You know, I've been putting exercising off for a long time now. You should start now." So, while we were visiting Ryan, I said, "I'll be back in a few minutes. I'm going to change clothes and come work out."

Since I told Ryan I was coming back, I had to! I promised him! I didn't want to lie to him. He is really nice.

I walked back to my room and changed clothes. I was like, "WHYYY DID I TELL HIM I'D BE BACKKKK.... I WOULD RATHER STAB OUT MY EYES AND EAT THEM THAN DO ACTUAL EXERCISEEEE. WAHHHHHHH!!!!"

Because, let's be honest, I'm lazy. Ridiculously lazy.

However, lazy leads to fat. And I'm well on my way there.

And if I want to be the next James Bond someday, I need to get in shape. I have a whole hell of a lot of work to do.

So, I went back up to the gym and started my work out.

And for real, I have no idea what I'm doing when I go up there. I do the ellipticals, and some of the other machines until I feel like I'm dying and Jesus doesn't love me anymore.

So. I made it through day one. It's kind of like a miracle.
I really need to make it an everyday habit.
I hope it doesn't last two days.

Anyway, I made the mistake of stepping on a scale in the bathroom. Tragic mistake.

Now, I feel like I'm morbidly obese, and I need to stop eating food forever. And it really sucks because I want ice cream right now, but I'm refraining from that for awhile.

I also feel like I'm going to be ridiculously sore in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. I love you. I love you. You are gorgeous, not obese. You are a hott stud that is my bestie. You are so good looking Brennan. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes you so much like your aunt connie!! sorry to break it to ya!! I was thinking the same thing last night. I told Jim--" I have to go to the STUPID GYM!!-- I hate it!! The Gym is a STUPID DOO DOO HEAD!! I am so with you!! It is so bad that you get on there --work up a horribe sweat, get out of breath and think you are gonna die!! --then you look and Oh hell--I just burned 43 calories?? If love burned calories-- I would be skinny-- loving you!!

    ReplyDelete